Grand Rapids Pool Cleaning Service and Maintenance
Swimming pools are a lot of fun in the summer months as well as a great way to cool off and relax. However, if not maintained properly, a swimming pool can become a breeding ground for bacteria. Swimmers introduce a variety of contaminants with each time they enter the pool as well. This is why Grand Rapids Pool Cleaners take cleaning and maintaining your pool very seriously. Because we have been cleaning pools, hot tubs and spas for many years, we believe we have perfected this service to make sure your pool looks beautiful and is safe for everybody to use.
The swimming pool itself can be a great way to unwind and relax after a long day at work or to have family fun on the weekends. Nobody wants to come home after work or have a fun weekend planned and find out the pool has not been running properly and now needs some TLC. This takes time and energy that you could be spending relaxing in the pool or having fun with your family. Call Grand Rapids Pool Cleaners for a no obligation, free pool cleaning and maintenance quote. Also, feel free to call us with any other pool issues you might be having. We understand that some issues might be a simple fix that we could just explain to you over the phone and save you money by doing it yourself. Other issues might be more complex and we can schedule a time to come out and take a look at your pool. Some of these more complex issues might be algae issues, equipment breakdown, heater, pumps, filters and lights not working properly. We also work on salt water pools and would be happy to assist you with that as well.
Pool Owner Maintenance Recommendations
There is a lot you can do yourself to maintain your beautiful pool. Here are a few tips to help make sure your pool stays in tip top shape!
1. Skim and Scrub Daily - Daily skimming and scrubbing is easy to do and will go a long way in maintaining the overall condition of your pool.
2. Pay Lots Attention To Your Pool Filter - Your pool filter is constantly working to remove debris and impurities from the water. Make sure to check your filter basket and remove any debris that might have washed into it. We recommend doing this at least once per week.
3. Be A Mad Scientist With Your Chemical Levels - We recommend testing your water once per week to make sure your chemicals are properly balanced.
4. Learn How To Shock Your Pool - If your pool has had a lot of activity and is looking a little murky, consider shocking it to remove any build up of bacteria.
5. Keep An Eye On Your Water Levels - Your pool water level will fluctuate throughout the season due to rain and daily pool trafic. If your water is too low, simply use your garden hose to fill it back up. If it's too high, you can rent a pump from your local home improvement store to remove some of the excess water.
6. Pool Deck Maintenance - Power washing your pool deck from time to time will help keep the area looking clean and will also keep debri away from the pool.
7. Schedule Professional Maintenance At Least Once Per Year - Even if you are a long time pool owner and have the time and energy to clean and maintain your own pool, we recommend having a professional come out at least once per year to make sure your pool and pool equipment are running smoothly and in good shape. This can save you a lot of money in the long run.
8. Learn How To Properly Winterize Your Pool - Our Michigan winters are long and cold. Properly winterizing your pool so that the winter stays out is very important. Make sure you have a good pool cover, have a water testing kit on hand to make sure your chemical levels are where they should be and make sure all excess water is blown out of the plumbing lines.
Here's Another Option - Professional Monthly Maintenance
If you would like us to take all the pool maintenance worries away, please ask us about our monthly pool maintenance and pool service options. Depending on your maintenance need, we will come out weekly, monthly or seasonally to make sure your pool is running smoothly and continues to look great. Many of our clients like this option because it’s one less thing they have to worry about and they know their pool will always be clean, safe and always ready for use. We are the go to option in Grand Rapids, Michigan for your pool service needs. Give us a call today!